Position: Baseball Operations Analyst
Location: Detroit, MI
The Detroit Tigers are currently seeking a full-time Analyst in the Baseball Operations Department. This role will be responsible for managing analytics and research within Baseball Operations. This position will report to the Director, Baseball Analytics.
- Perform advanced quantitative analysis to improve Baseball Operations decision-making, including predictive modeling and player projection systems.
- Complete ad hoc data queries and effectively present analysis through the use of written reports and data visualizations.
- Assist with the integration of baseball analysis into the Tigers’ proprietary tools and applications.
- Contribute to baseball decision-making by generating ideas for player acquisition, roster construction and in-game strategies.
- Support the current data warehousing process within Baseball Operations.
- Monitor, identify and recommend new or emerging techniques, technologies, models and algorithms.
- Meet with vendors and make recommendations for investment in new data and technology resources.
- Other projects as directed by Baseball Operations leadership team.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated expert-level knowledge of baseball-specific data, modern statistical techniques, and sabermetric analysis.
- Expertise with SQL and relational databases is required.
- Relevant work experience with statistical software (R, STATA, SPSS, SAS, or similar) and scripting languages such as Python.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult and complex concepts to colleagues possessing a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives.
- Degree or equivalent experience in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a related quantitative field.
- Team player.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as dictated by the baseball calendar.
- Willing and able to relocate to the Detroit metro area.
To apply, please complete the application that can be found here.
The content in this posting was created and provided solely by the Detroit Tigers.